My experience of visiting North Goa

North Goa is a place where it is hot and happening during the peak season, with beaches like Anjuna, Canacona, Baga, Calangute, Vagator you find one or other event happenings every day. I had visited Goa during the post-peak season i.e, during February and I still found these places to be crowded but I guess they are not crowded as compared to peak season crowds.

Credits: Wikimedia


I had booked my hostel stay at Arambol which is around 15-20kms from happening places in North Goa and is one of the chilled out place. My experience of staying in Arambol was amazing due to the fact that this place is dotted with a beautiful beach, yoga courses and amazing people. As a backpacker, I stayed in the hostel and I stayed at Happy Panda Hostel located just at the main road of Arambol.

Happy Panda is an amazing backpacker hostel which has super friendly hosts, Sourabh & Karthik (I'm sorry if there are more) whom I met and they were friendly right from the beginning of check-in. Karthik, when I checked-in to the hostel gave a short tour of the hostels and let us know some of the places to visit nearby and let us know what events are happening from hostel end. The day I checked in to the hostel, there was a beach clean-up activity which unfortunately collided with my plan to explore Goa, hence I had to cancel. However, if you guys check-in to this hostel, be ready to experience fun activity daily/ alternative days that will be held here.

After, checking in and getting ready, took my bike to explore the beaches of North Goa where I went to Anjuna, Baga, Vagator, Ashwem beaches which are well known. Before coming here I underestimated the distance from Arambol to these beaches however, it took me hours visiting these regions including a mandatory pit-stop for food.

Credits: Wikimedia


I found the beach of Anjuna a little bit crowded than Ozran, Vagator or Ashwem beaches and yes, it is a place to have crazy parties.

Credits: Wikimedia


And as always, when in Anjuna never miss visiting Shiva valley which is a must party place in Goa. With a nice view of the Sea, I roamed the beach and enjoyed taking a dip here and visited Shiva Valley for a sip of a drink. This was amazing with a view of the ocean and nice psychedelic music playing in the background.



Later, I visited the Ozran beach which is situated near to Anjuna and was perplexed due to the number of tourists here. Ozran beach has fewer tourists and is an offbeat destination which one can visit. With cool waters here and offbeat place, I walked alongside the beach and felt the cool ocean water and explored the place. If you want to meditate, then this is the right place.

Credits: Wikimedia


Before leaving to Arambol, one last beach I visited and took some time there was Ashwem and later headed off to Happy Panda Hostel. Once, I reached here I noticed many other travellers and backpackers assembled in the communal area and have a bit of tete-a-tete,  I joined them and fortunately, it was a full moon and Arambol has a beach party during full moon nights. I immediately joined the crowd and headed off for a late-night full moon party at Arambol Beach which was an exhilarating experience. A nice cool breeze from the sea, full moon, ocean tides, Goa Trance music and getting lost partied late night and headed off for a good night rest.

Although, the day was concluded with a lot of travel. I ended the day with a bang as I visited the party and enjoyed my stay at Happy Panda Hostel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best beaches in North Goa for solo travellers

Best Beaches of South Goa for Solo Travellers